13 March 2015

How Do You Know It's Not Contagious, If You Don't Know How It Infects?

Has anyone noticed the apparent dissonance between something we're commonly told by doctors or public health officials? Maybe someone out there can help me understand how would you know if something isn't contagious, if you don't know how people get it?
 
I'm doing some research on disease, and I notice that practically the entire suite of autoimmune diseases in humans, are described as "not contagious." If that's true, I'm thankful.  There is not much in the way of studies or substantive discussion though.  It seems like burgeoning theories are discouraged by established members of the institution, dotting the journal landscape with arguments boiling down to,

"There's no definitive proof that..."
"Debunking the [theory]," or

 I'm all for vigorous debate, but I'd rather our public health institutions start communicating with doctors and researchers who are at least coming up with theories rather than spending their time only disproving others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, please share something here...